There are some people who seem to have no issues being acquainted with their neighbors. They can just go to their neighbor’s house and borrow a few things without any issues. Yet, there are also some people who just do not greet their neighbors and have no plans of actually being good friends with them. What type of neighbor are you?
Remember that getting along with the people who are living nearby will make a huge impact on how much you will enjoy your present home. If you do not like where you live, expect that you will be looking for a new place to move into sooner or later. The fact still remains that you can maintain a good relationship with your neighbor if you would try.
These are just some tips to remember so you can become a good neighbor:
- Always be friendly – This is especially true when you are new in the neighborhood or if you are trying to welcome a new neighbor to feel right at home. You can have a friendly smile on your face whenever you get out of the house. It will make a huge difference with how your neighbors perceive you.
- Be considerate – You can have house parties especially if you want your friends to have a lot of fun but make sure that your noise will not reach the wee hours of the morning. You can still continue your party but when it is already late, it can be a little bit more subdued.
- Talk to your neighbors – Whether you just want to get to know your neighbors better or you are having some issues with them, it is best that you talk to them in person instead of badmouthing them to your other neighbors because it is bound to reach them eventually. It will be easier to send them a note but talking to them in person will let you know that you are always willing to compromise and you want to hear their side too.
- Make sure that you will reach an agreement about pets – This is one of the things that people normally become angry about. There are some pets that may ruin vegetable gardens or hangout too much at other houses. You can talk it over with your neighbor and if it is your pet that is causing problems, make an effort to offer a solution.
- Get to know the parking etiquette. There are some people who own more than one vehicle and they do not have enough garage space. Some may park on the street but make sure that you are parking at the right area. Do not block your neighbor’s driveway because you may never know when they need to go out. This will be a bit tricky if you are going to have some guests over but you can work this out with your neighbor.
You can organize events wherein you can get to know neighbors better. For example, you have just purchased an electric golf cart and you want to see how efficient it would be to use in a golf course. You can invite your golf-playing neighbors to go with you. It will make a lot of difference that way